I've been stuck in a total rut when it comes to cooking recently. Sometimes, M and me cook but that's that. Otherwise my diet consists of muesli, bread and yogurt.
Last week however, a good friend of mine brought a beetroot - sweet potato salad/dish to lunch break and it looked amazing. And since the ingredient list was incredibly short and beet root was something I haven't had in a while, I had to make it!!
I used her two basics and went a bit along what I felt would be great. Nothing fancy but it turned out so so so good!!!! Also, the portion lasted me three meals, so that might be a plus when you're making it!
- 1 sweet potato
- a package beetroot (I think it was about 400gr (~300-400))
- 1 package feta (200gr)
- 1 package cress
- salt, pepper and basil
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- pine kernels
What to do:
1. Peel and cut cour potato into medium chunks and cook until soft (~10min).
2. Cut beetroot into medium to small chunks.
3. In a bowl, mix sweet potato, beetroot, crumbled feta, pine kernels (You could roast those before, but I was too lazy) together.
4. Season with about 1 Tablespoon honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and basil. Taste test here!
5. Sprinkle with cress!
I have to admit, it is super low key cooking. But I did cook something ;)
And it lasted three amazing days!