Friday 27 November 2015

Sweet potato - beetroot - salad


I've been stuck in a total rut when it comes to cooking recently. Sometimes, M and me cook but that's that. Otherwise my diet consists of muesli, bread and yogurt.
Last week however, a good friend of mine brought a beetroot - sweet potato salad/dish to lunch break and it looked amazing. And since the ingredient list was incredibly short and beet root was something I haven't had in a while, I had to make it!!

I used her two basics and went a bit along what I felt would be great. Nothing fancy but it turned out so so so good!!!! Also, the portion lasted me three meals, so that might be a plus when you're making it!


You'll need:

  • 1 sweet potato
  • a package beetroot (I think it was about 400gr (~300-400)) 
  • 1 package feta (200gr)
  • 1 package cress
  • honey
  • salt, pepper and basil
  • olive oil and balsamic vinegar
  • pine kernels
What to do:

1. Peel and cut cour potato into medium chunks and cook until soft (~10min).
2. Cut beetroot into medium to small chunks.
3. In a bowl, mix sweet potato, beetroot, crumbled feta, pine kernels (You could roast those before, but I was too lazy) together.
4. Season with about 1 Tablespoon honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and basil. Taste test here!
5. Sprinkle with cress! 

Voila!


I have to admit, it is super low key cooking. But I did cook something ;) 
And it lasted three amazing days!



1 comment:

  1. MMMmmh, sieht lecker aus! ;)
    Liebe Grüße! Johanna <3

    ReplyDelete