Sunday 25 May 2014

A one-woman-pizza {totally adaptable to the other gender as well ;) }

I love love love pizza. But, normally, living by myself, I can't really be bothered to start on the whole pizza making thing. So far, I had only made pizza for two or more, so the quantities would get used or I would freeze half of it. Now, I was one person and our (my roommate's and mine. She simply isn't here too often....just in case you were wondering about the 'our' ;P) anyways, our tiny freezer was preoccupied holding all the ice cream I normally feel like eating so freezing wasn't really an option. And also, this whole pizza business....I wanted something light!!

So, this is what I came up with. And it's amazing!!!!

This recipe is easy whipped up, perfect if you need to do other things besides cooking, it's healthy, crunchy, gooey, soft...it's perfect ;)

So what will you need? Start with making the dough:
Mix together in a small bowl:

  • 2 1/2 Tblsp hot water
  • dried yeast (until the surface of the water in your bowl is covered. I think it was about 1/3 of an average package)
  • ~3 Tblsp whole wheat flour
  • 1 Tblsp corn flour (polenta)
  • 1/2 Teasp sugar
  • 1/2 Teasp Tahini
  • a small sip olive oil
Knead  it all together and let it sit for 1/2 hour (I used the time for studying).
Roll your dough onto corn flour sprinkled baking paper and transfer it to the oven for 10 minutes at 170°C (Hot air).

Meanwhile, fry with some olive oil: Whatever veggies you have on hand! I used 1/3 broccoli and ~8 cherry tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and curry.

By now, your 10 minutes should be done.
Take your slightly baked pizza and....
Assemble the fried veggies on top of a hummus base!
Add another two slices of cheese and pop the whole thing back into the oven for another 8 minutes (or until cheese golden).
After those 8 minutes I also added 1/2 an avocado....and some spicy tomato sauce...but that might just be me ;)

And that's it! It really is easy once you get past that scary thought that this sounds like a lot of stuff to do! And it definitely made a better dinner than just bread (again). Enjoy!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment