Friday 20 September 2013

When two compromise on a Pizza

Here we are. Talking food again. Of course ;)
So, when Jeremy and I decided on some serious (cough) cooking at home, it definitely had to include pizza somehow. I mean, seriously, it's pizza! Who doesn't love pizza!? (and maybe maybe it's also, that I have a slight pizza obsession? Who knows?!) So, when we started planning I had this (in my mind) awesome bacon, egg and avocado pizza floating around (we still had leftovers of all the three things, which had to be used) but on the actually day, we already had consumed most of the things including quite a large amount of bacon during the last day so, at the end....it just had to be something else. Talking pizza can get quite serious, can you tell?
We finally ended up on this awesome outcome, making compromises while we went (each trusting the other a bit while cooking ;P)
This pizza has a white Alfredo garlic sauce as a base, on a light and fluffy oregano/garlic pizza dough, topped with slightly sauteed spinach, onions, ham, cheese and eggs. It really can't get any better!
(And sorry for the light in these pictures. Cooking just always happened to a time where light wasn't really available anymore...)


For one pizza loaded full with awesomness
You'll need (btw, this made enough for two dinners for two , so I guess that makes a total of 4 servings):
  • One serving pizza dough (see below)
  • Garlic Alfredo pasta sauce (store bought)
  • 300gr ham
  • One package fresh baby spinach
  • 1/4 large onion
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 package Italian pizza cheese
  • optional: avocado

For the pizza dough I went with this recipe by 'A beautiful Mess'. Over the years I've tried many many pizza recipes and never found the one where I would have said: "That's it!". I think I found it now! The recipe is enough for (I'd say) three large round pizzas. We made one baking tray but it was plenty of dough.
What I love about it, it's it's fluffy-ness, the added flavour from the oregano and garlic and just how simple it was two make. It took me 5 minutes at all to mix, knead and put aside. That one is a keeper!
(The only changes I made were, that I only had white flour on hand. Though next time I'll definitely experiment with whole wheat for a healthier option).


  1. Prepare the pizza dough and set aside. Go shopping for the other ingredients ;)
  2. Preheat your oven to 400°F and put in the rolled out and with butter and garlic salt sprinkled dough for 5 minutes.
  3. Take out. Know apply all your ingredients.
  4. We slightly sauteed the spinach and added some garlic spice before it went on the pizzas. Otherwise, or order was: Spinach, onions, ham, eggs and cheese.
  5. Bake for appr. 25 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Serve with the freshly sliced avocado and fresh pepper on top. Enjoy!

Note: This makes for one heavy loaded pizza! Jeremy and I had a short discussion over how much ham actually had to go on top. I was for a good look (and maybe a less calorie and healthier version *cough*) but since he trusted me on the eggs, I trusted him with the ham. Turned out just perfect ;)
For the ham: We used rosemary and black pepper ham. Just see what you'd like to try out!
For the eggs: Simply crack the eggs on top. They will be perfectly cooked at the end.
And: This pizza is even good cold(!)

No comments:

Post a Comment